Nationals: Wisconsin Dells
2020 Nationals: Wisconsin Dells
Dear Full Company Parents,
Thank you all for taking the time to fill out the survey regarding your preference for a Nationals location this upcoming summer. I wanted to take a second to explain the process that we used to narrow it down to the two options that were presented in the survey. The first thing that we looked at was the time of year. From our previous three years of feedback, it sounded like the time of the summer was the most important consideration. Therefore, we hunted to find the earliest possible Nationals events. From there, we eliminated options that fell directly over the 4th/5th of July. Next, we eliminated any events that did not have a Regional event scheduled to take place in Michigan. After that, we looked at which events were within a reasonable driving distance for families who wanted to drive. We figured that the time it would take to drive to the UP (9 hours or less) was a pretty good upper limit. This took us down to 4 different events (coincidently, all four of these happened to take place at a Kalahari resort.) To help us narrow it down further, we looked at the competition companies that were hosting the event, cost of entry (not just entry fees, but photo packages), caliber of event (production quality, registration, event staff, judges), additional opportunities (title format, opening number, college scholarships, extra class options), adjacency of multiple lodging options, length of event, and competition rules/time limits/level distinctions. Having looked at all of that, we narrowed it down to 2 final options - one location that was a little closer but was one day longer, and one that was a little farther, but had more budget-friendly accommodation options. Those two options were the two that were presented via SurveyMonkey to our Full Company parents. Now, I know that when it comes to Nationals destinations, we will never be able to 100% please everyone. In this situation, we went with what the majority had voted for via the survey, which was Wisconsin.
Below you will find information about the event. You will also find information regarding how to split up your Nationals competition fees into a monthly auto-pay schedule if desired. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you so much!
Nationals Location 2020
When: June 27th - July 2nd
Where: Kalahari Resort (1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965) Host Hotel: Kalahari Resort
Reservation Cut Off: 5/28/20
Group Reservation Link: https://book.passkey.com/event/49959524/owner/57143/home
Mandatory Prep Week: 6/22 - 6/25
2020 Nationals Pricing
Nationals Fees are due May 11th. We will be competing all Full Company groups and duo/trios. All Company soloists will be registered to compete as well unless you let me know in writing by May 1st that your dancer would prefer not to compete their solo.
The fees for Applause Nationals are:
- Solos - $137.00 Per Routine (or $34.25 monthly for 4 months)
- Duets/Trios - $95.00 Per Person (or $23.75 monthly for 4 months) - Groups - $75.00 Per Person (or $18.75 monthly for 4 months)
This year, parents have three options for Nationals competition fees:
1) Pay in full prior to May 11th. Parents who wish to pay by check prior to the 11th are eligible for a 3% discount on their total fees.
2) Split payments into 4 monthly auto-pays. Total cost of your dancer’s Nationals fees will be split into 4 monthly auto-pays, running in the months of February, March, April, and May on the date of your choice. If you wish to have your Nationals fees split out into monthly payments, please return the bottom half of this sheet to the front desk no later than February 11th.
3) Automatically charge card on file on May 11th. If neither of the above options are selected, your card on file will automatically be charged on the final due date.