SPARTAN DANCE CENTER
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Spartan Dance Center's commitment
Spartan Dance Center has been working diligently through Covid to implement health procedures and guidelines to offer the safest environment for our dance and ninja families. We are monitoring daily government policy, state changes and local health organizations and will continue to make changes as necessary.
We place heavy emphasis on the health and safety of every client, family and community member surrounding us. This uncharted territory can be challenging for everyone; but the plan below, coupled with personal responsibility, presents our best efforts to keep our dancers, ninjas, families and staff safe.
Those who have had Covid-19 within the past 3 months are able to follow the protocol of a vaccinated person.
Updated March 1, 2022
Effective Wednesday, March 2, 2022, masks will no longer be required in Spartan Dance & Spartan Ninja classes.
This decision was based on recommendations from Ingham County Health Department (ICHD), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS). All three agencies have dropped their mask recommendations, regardless of vaccination status. Removing the mask mandate does not change the studio's responsibility to follow the required ICHD protocols for those individuals who contract Covid-19 or are in close contact of someone who tested positive for Covid-19.
As part of the Spartan Dance & Spartan Ninja family, we expect that all dancers, ninjas and families respect the decisions of wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. We will continue to work together creating a welcoming environment for all of our students and families by respecting their personal choice on mask wearing.
Positive Test & Close Contact Guidelines
Entering / Exiting the Building
Spartan Dance Center is committed to the health of our community, our dancer/ninja family, and our staff. We are taking every precaution to keep everyone safe, this includes temperature checks.
Temperature check: LIFTED
- We ask that all parents or person's entering the building personally monitor temperature. Any symptoms of not feeling well, we ask for you to not enter the building. Dancers are asked to take livestream.
- Each dancer or ninja who enters the building will be given a sanitized laundry basket for use throughout their evening at the studio. Dancers/Ninja's are to keep all of their belongings (water bottle, outdoor shoes, jackets, etc) inside their laundry basket which will travel with them in and out of their assigned classroom.
Exiting the Building:
- Dancers/Ninjas will return to the lobby to wait for a parent to pick them up from the pick up line or wait for a parent to come into the building to take them home. While waiting dancers/ninjas will change shoes, put on outdoor clothing and pack their bag. Upon exiting the building, dancer/ninja will place their basket in the dirty pile.
Reporting a Positive Case & Contract Tracing
The well-being of our SDC students, faculty, and communities are our highest priority. We are committed to closely monitoring, reporting, and cooperating with contact tracing and notification procedures. Our SDC Site Manager will execute the reporting process. You will be notified in a timely manner if your student is considered a close contact.
When to contact SDC:
It is imperative to contact SDC immediately if any dancer has tested positive or is a close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Who to contact:
Dropping Off Your Dancer / Ninja:
- Dancer/Ninja may be dropped off through the drop off/pick up line in the front of the building OR may be walked in by a parent.
Picking Up Your Dancer / Ninja:
- Dancer/Ninja may be picked up through the drop off/pick up line in the front of the building OR may be picked up inside by parent
Creative Movement Dancers & 3-4 year old Ninja's:
- We ask that ONE parent/guardian stay with your student during class.
Drop off & pick up
Please try to use the restrooms at home prior to coming to SDC. During class, instructors will monitor emergency bathroom use for dancers.
If you do need to use the facilities at any time, please follow these instructions:
a. The locker stalls rooms are available for all dancers and ninja's. There is an additional bathroom inside the ninja room.
b. Locker room main door will be left open to eliminate touching the handle after you have washed your hands.
c. Please use the restroom promptly.
d. Before leaving the restroom, wash hands using our touch free soap dispensers and driers. If supplies are empty, please notify staff.
* To eliminate students from exiting and re-entering the room once class has begun, we ask all parents to have students use the bathroom facilities before entering SDC. Thank you!
Studio & Staff Policy
All cleaning procedures will follow CDC recommendations. Any areas that are frequently touched such as barres, door handles, light switches, railings, floors, music controls and bathroom surfaces will be cleaned daily.
SDC Guidelines for facility cleaning & classroom separation:
a. Medical-grade air purifiers will be running in each individual dance studio
b. SDC does a deep clean of the full facility each morning.
c. Spartan Dance Center has purchased a "fogging" machine that is used daily with medical grade cleaner.
Sign in to SDC at Home if:
a. You, or anyone you are living with, have/has been sick within the past 14 days.
b. You have traveled out-of-state without a negative COVID test.
c. You, or anyone you are living with, are/is exhibiting any of the following symptoms.
shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
muscle or body aches
lost of taste or smell
congestion or runny nose
nausea or vomiting